Stable and generous
Designer : Daniel Pouzet (FRA)
The stable, non-degradable Kocoon Collection brings sensations of warmth and comfort, with a dining chair, a lounge armchair with footrest, matching tables, a "loveseat" sofa with canopy, ushering a new era for the indoor/outdoor living style.
Shells in 3D resin
The shells in the Kocoon collection are made using a technological process which entails cross-link moulding of a thermoset resin - LES polyester - which then coats the glass fiber material that is woven flat for the fine parts, and woven 3-dimensionally (5mm thick) for the zones that undergo high mechanical stress levels. This sandwich in turn is coated with a gel finishing coat in nautical-standard anti-UV polyester that is resistant to chemical and atmospheric agents. This technology used in yachts, boats and racing cars has the advantage of weighing less while providing a highly-resistant mechanical structure with a perfectly smooth surface (air and water are able to penetrate it easily). This composite can be ground for recycling and reused as load for making new plastic items.
Technical and color data
- Welded, brushed and treated stainless steel.
- 4 Anti-wear gliders in polyamide reinforced with fiberglass.
- 3D resin moulded shell made of resin and fiber glass material.
- Ergonomic bucket-seat structure
- Thick "down-like" cushions.
- glass top, enamelled underneath at 900°C (1652°F), chemically sand blasted on top and on edges (no finger marks).
Materials tested for resistance to environment, sun, water, sea fog, freezing as well as to natural chemical agents.
SA14 Deauville Taupe